This video is interesting, as it allows me to discover the use of recyclable materials, and insight into mass production and manufacturing processes. I think previously, in our industrial revolutionary period, the companies, government and the public are not (as) conscious with the natural environment. So in the 1900's recycling materials, methods and processes was not in system of man-made-things.
To this day most individual, organization, and government are aware of our own actions on the ecosystem.
I feel that the portrayal in this video is a good marking of mankind taking up initiative and action to prolong the living of Earth.
What I like about the recycling plant, after they collected garbage wastes from residential homes, is that all materials are being effectively used. Metal, paper, plastic are all separated and put to use for recycling, while the other wastes that does not match these categories, and these are waste food, drinks, maybe toxic materials, and other non-recycled materials, are all used to extract and collect methane gas.
The video have let me witness the process of land-filling. Though it is expected we consume and waste a lot of things and I find it interesting, what if we ran out of areas and lands to fill our waste.
Human populations are at an exponential rate and this factor influences the rate of production, consumption and the piling of disposal wastes. While continental land size does not get any bigger to fit populations and housing, and maybe we want more of land creation by volcanoes and undersea-plate-movement, plus we are experiencing sea level rising, explained by scientists, that means islands and continental land mass are getting smaller while our sand and soil are getting eaten by 'Poseidon's wrath'.
So for long-term, recycling is beneficial and reusing them for production and consumption. To me, I think the idea of land-filling for long term is not a good option. And incineration of wastes is also very negative, because of CO2 and harmful content released into our only 'air-breathing-space'.
I think this video can be significant for industrial designers to watch it. Because this video promotes the concepts of materials and process- sustainability. Sustainability and recycling are beneficial and is probably (in today's period) the only option for mankind to rely upon for this consumerism-world.
No comments:
Post a Comment