Sunday, March 18, 2012

Project-one : Initial concepts

Week-one was the lecture introduction to Bio-designs and group research on current storage problems, potential sustainable materials for our designs, market research on existing storage-products ; this is my group's blog : http://industrialgroup4.blogspot.com.au/

For week-two we have to come up with our ''best'' design concepts in drawings/sketches and to present them to the class.

One of my concept took inspiration from plant-cells and I want to create solution to electronic and battery-charger storage.

The reason I chose plant-cell as an inspiration is because cells naturally storesand also transport nutrients within the body of the organism. And cells are efficient, as they should be, to maintain the life of an organism, and so I believe I can use the cell system for my design.

And my group's survey had found that a home-resident is always unhappy with messy-cables and another resident would wish for storage solution battery chargers/adapters.

So my plant-cell inspired storage will create solution for holding electronics (e.g. Cameras, phone, tablets) and their cables and battery adapters. My design should be space-efficient with the focus that it will be placed in high-density area in homes.













No comments: